Classrooms to Careers
Junior Achievement of Western PA is working to change the skilled trades narrative and make an impact on communities.
Learn how you can get involved below:
- Develop initial curriculum
- Research in classrooms
- Prototype JA Careers in Skilled Trades platform
- Implement collective feedback and research findings
- Begin to test in school districts
- Continue curriculum development
- Produce curriculum videos
- Develop JA Careers in Skilled Trades platform and curriculum
- Develop a fully functional JA Careers in Skilled Trades platform with embedded video content
- Deliver skilled trades content through virtual reality hardware
- Partner with schools in the Junior Achievement of Western PA area
- Gather feedback and iterate
- Research advanced gaming concepts and partnerships
- Refine functional JA Careers in Skilled Trades platform
- Expand partnership opportunities with schools, industry, and registered apprenticeship programs
Who Should Get Involved?
Interested in playtesting, involving your school, sharing your personal experience or feedback, or understanding other opportunities? Let us know!