Spring & Fall 2023:
Learn & Play
- Playtest with students in grades 5-8 in a handful of schools
- Pilot-test Careers in Skilled Trades platform
- Begin virtual reality simulations in classrooms
Spring 2024 & Beyond:
- Expand roll-out to additional schools in the Junior Achievement of Western PA footprint
- Expand the platform experience to add additional courses
- Expand access to the platform for students beyond the Junior Achievement of Western PA region
With your help, the JA Careers in Skilled Trades Platform will become a modernized learning management system solution that will look to reach, engage and inspire today’s students in their skilled trades awareness and understanding — no matter their grade level or baseline understanding.
The platform will provide access for students and their parents/caretakers, facilitators, and counselors so all circles of influences can stay informed of individualized student progress and performance.
Key experience components:
- Fully digital, online experience with opportunities for offline engagements
- Reimagined user-friendly learning platform
- Personalized student and facilitator dashboards
- Enlightening curriculum with interactive components
- First-hand and authentic video stories from local industry professionals
Future HIGH SCHOOL Expansion
(2024 and Beyond)
Students grow, and this platform will be designed to grow hand-in-hand with them, enhancing their classroom experiences and knowledge of these essential industries. The Skilled Trades platform will progress to accommodate students and their evolving interests, skill sets, learning preferences, career aspirations, and more.
With the guidance of additional HCD research and learnings applied from the rollout to middle school students, high school students will:
- Be introduced to advanced chapter(s) to build upon their Skilled Trades understanding
- Gain access to enhanced gameplay such as with virtual reality (VR)
- Receive specific trade tracks in partnership with local trade schools and apprenticeship programs to dovetail content coverage and provide opportunities for hands-on experiences